Our Knowledge base here at Turbo Repair is a continual work in progress. If there is something that you would like to see added to the information provided or there is something you feel is needing further clarification, please contact us with your ideas, suggestions, or questions. Turbo Repair is here to help you!
We have separated this area into sections in the interest of easier navigation, some of the areas are quite lengthy. If you own a turbo or are interested in adding one to your car, it is in your best interest to gain some knowledge on how they work - this can only add to your experience, satisfaction, and also provide strong insight into the importance of proper maintenance.
- Turbochargers 101 - Provides an overview of Turbochargers, Wastegates, ByPass Valves, Intercoolers, along with a detailed breakdown of all the components of a turbo system and the terms that are used
- Glossary of Terms - Explains all parts of a turbocharger
- Turbocharger Maintenance- great information about maintaining your turbocharger and turbocharged car. Covers the basics of oil changes, service and how to avoid problems!
- Turbocharger Rebuilds - Explains why and when a turbocharger needs to be rebuilt and what that consists of
- Turbocharger Installation - Information about wastegates, bypass valves, general installation, along with in-depth information about your turbo oil system * a must-read for the serious enthusiast! *
- Turbocharger Failure - In-depth information about Turbo failure, causes of failure, and turbo rebuilding
- Oil Line Installation - Questions and answers on the proper oil line installation. Also explaining correct oil line sizes, viscosity of oil and proper restrictors
For general information about Turbo Repair policies, guidelines, warranty, shipping, and order information, please see Turbo Repair FAQ